CCMS Solutions: State Legislative Success Stories
House of Representatives Success Story
- A State House of Representatives desired to improve constituent services; they had no formal system to help legislators manage their constituent interactions, correspondence, and communications; they had at least 7 different methods for handling constituent management.
- No clear understanding of what is happening with constituents in each district or at a leadership level in House of Representatives.
- No formalized processes caused a massive amount of manual work specific to each branch, district, and even each staff member. This lack of continuity reduced the effectiveness of the staff to scale when major issues arose, causing poor communication with constituents and the appearance of disorganization.
- Inefficient manual reporting also limited visibility to constituent opinions on a district, leadership, and branch level which also hindered responsiveness and communications internally and with constituents.
- The House selection team chose the Affiliated’s Constituent Communication Management System solution which included a tailored and customized Microsoft Dynamics CRM system that solves the uniqueness of constituent communications management at a State and Legislative branch level.
- Representatives and their staff are now able to handle day to day constituent interaction in a much more unified, productive manner. Constituent cases are tracked and managed quickly and easily so that no request “falls through the cracks” and staff are able to provide the information and assistance constituents need to feel well supported by their representatives.
Senate Success Story
- A State Senate looking to improve their constituent communications and interactions had implemented a solution to help them accomplish constituent communications management but had poor adoption and the solution was not set-up to meet their needs and the project failed. They were looking for an additional solution.
- Lack of an easy way to manage, track, and respond to a growing number of emails received by Senate staff had caused delays in supporting and responding to constituents in a timely manner.
- Not having a simple to use, integrated manner to use information gathered to provide appropriate, timely outreach to constituents caused frustration with both Senators and their staff.
- The lackluster utilization of the original Senate solution also hampered the process. The lack of formalized processes caused a massive amount of manual work specific to each district and even each staff member. This reduced the effectiveness of the staff, causing frustration when major issues arose, and did not provide constituents with the level of response and support that they desired to provide.
- Inefficient reporting limited visibility to constituent opinions on a district, and leadership level which also hindered responsiveness and communications internally and with constituents.
- The Senate leadership team realized they wanted a solution that could be tailored and customized to their specific needs and way of supporting their constituents and chose Affiliated’s Constituent Communication Management solution.
- Senate staff use the CCMS solution to quickly and easily gather information from constituents, process constituent e-mails for requests, issues, and stances on topics from one screen, improving information capture and responsiveness. The staff also use the system’s multiple methods to provide constituent outreach to update on fast moving items and to cover more planned communication to keep constituents current on things that are important to them.
For more information or to request a demonstration of the Affiliated Constituent Communication Management System, click here or call 800.626.3223.